Here are my favourite Museums and Galleries.
- British Museum – Rosetta Stone, Egyptians, Middle Age artefacts
- Victoria & Albert Museum – Everything classical. Friday night open late with music and wine
- Natural History Museum – Dinosaurs.
- Imperial War Museum – Spitfires
- Highgate Cemetery (Karl Marx is buried adjacent)
- National Portrait Gallery – quick tour of British royal history
- Courtauld Institute – Impressionists, Surrealists
- National Gallery – Stubbs, Dutch Masters, Holbein
- Wallace Collection – Dutch Masters, Canaletto, great furniture and knight armours
- Soane Collection – Piranesi prints, artefacts
- Tate – Turner. and some modern classics
- Tate Modern – the latest rave
- Royal Academy – always themed exhibitions, and always pricey. There’s a Madonna statue by Michelangelo at the top which you might be able to get to without paying